Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What We Are Plus What We Were Makes Us Pittburgh

So, I had this idea to parody Beyonce's "Single Ladies" with "Steeler Ladies." And everyone involved actually followed through. The result is INCREDIBLE. Basically, I wrote the words, sent them off to Addi Twigg, we tweaked them, then she and Sean Donaldson (they have a band called "Bait& Switch") somehow managed to create this.

http://www.steelerladies.com/

Its been on the radio:

http://kissnation.961kiss.com/mikey/blog/2009/01/27/steelers_ladies_song

And is a finalist for the Post-Gazette Steelers Fight Song:

http://www.post-gazette.com/steelernation/steelersongs_voting.asp

We put it on YouTube and its already got 1400 views inthe past day, which is no Derrick Comedy but its pretty nuts when you consider our market isnt that big.

I'll keep you posted!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know you, but I'm an old friend of Addi's (and a Steeler fan). Just wanted to pass along my congratulations on writing such a great song.

Go Steelers!

Nikki S -Mt. Pleasant,PA said...

OMG!!! I LOVE IT! I've passed it on to everyone I know! All yinz guys keep creating..... YOUR AWESOME

Vicki Zerbee said...

very cool... keep spreading the word about this song! GO STEELERS!!

My two sons are down in Tampa this weekend so deff will pass it along to them to forward to their Steelers lady friends :)

Vicki
Central PA, USA

Big Monkey said...

I sent this song to the Facebook page of the Today Show with Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb, and they actually played it on live national television on Monday, 2/2/09. If you want to see a clip of it, check out my blog at www.bigmonkeyshouse.com

seth said...

hey christine! im trying to get in touch with you about an event this coming Thursday. Can you hit me up at my email?

Christine Nangle said...

what's your email?